The Grain Store Eatery (Hestia Investments Pty Ltd)
- Location: 517 Flinders Lane, Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Salary: 54-79k
- Position: Restaurant Manager, Hospitality Management
- Work Type: Full-Time Work
Are you an experienced manager with great charisma?
- Well established Restaurant in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD specialising in Breakfast, Lunch and Brunch
- Full Business owner responsibilities
- Highly competitive remuneration package plus bonus plan
If you are, and also have a passion to lead and manage all aspects of our front of house operation at our well-established and renowned venue in the Melbourne CBD, then we want to hear from you.
Because the Grain Store is the place where great people and high-quality food come together in a warm, vibrant and welcoming environment. We offer a fantastic work-life balance (YES, you will be able to enjoy the evenings on your own terms with family and/or friends!) to the right candidate.
To be successful for this opportunity as a restaurant manager, you will need to:
- Take over full business responsibilities from the current owner/ manager
- Run a fast-paced ‘Grain Store’ independently and consistently
- Planning menus in consultation with Chefs and business owner
- Planning and organising corporate and social functions
- Working with the business owner to develop budgets and forecasts and managing the operations to ensure purchasing of stock, staffing and pricing of our menu and functions are within budget
- Using automated computer systems to understand and control the financial aspects of the business including revenue and stock control
- Minimising wastage, reviewing standard operating procedures and looking for ways to change inefficiencies
- Must have a thorough understanding of health and hygiene regulations and be responsible for overseeing the restaurant to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations
- Building repour with new and repeat customers to understand their experience in the restaurant and monitor customer satisfaction
- Developing strategies to continually improve customer satisfaction including training and supervising staff to ensure they provide the best possible service in line with Grain Store values
- Demonstrate strong work ethics and a ‘can do’ attitude to motivate the team and maintain good relationships
- Lead, train, empower and provide support to a small team of fellow front of house professionals
- Recruitment and training of front of house staff as required
Skills required for this position
We are looking for applicants with at least relevant degree or diploma qualifications or at least 3 years relevant work experience in hospitality management. Experience in managing a team, understanding financials and managing stock is essential. You must be a great communicator with interpersonal skills, who can liaise with our back of house team to maintain and strengthen our brand.
Our new restaurant manager, can also expect a highly competitive remuneration package including a bonus plan based around your experience, and of course, the results you produce.
We’d Love to hear from you!
You don’t want to miss this great and unique opportunity, so apply today. Please email your application to [email protected]. Or simply give Mel a call on 0417 785 148 to have an obligation free chat first.